Thursday, June 17, 2010

Two weeks left!

DEO+ on STX
3rd Sunday after Pentecost
17 June 2010

More wind-shield “names”:
God Speed, White Fang, Rich Duffer-Poor Golfer, Gone Fish’in,
Man Sized, Fruit of the Loom, Nutty Fruit Cake, First & Last Nights,
Dark Horse, What see is what ya Get! I AM Here, 100% Fisherman,
Everyone Deserves Music, Good Bears Eat their Honey, Freeker,
Power to the Peaceful!, One Horn Butt Fish, Devine Beauty, 4x4,
Papillan, Dip, EZ@Home, Let them say, Better off Alone, My Lord and I,
Dream Catcher, Deadly Eyes, Ghost

Final Diocesan Clericus
Last Thursday (6/10) I met with the Bishop and clergy of the Diocese of the V.I.
For the final quarterly meeting before I depart from the V.I. +Ambrose calls the Deacons and Priests to meet together, pray, read Holy Scripture and share ones joys and sorrows in support with each other; we hear what’s on the mind of the Bishop and he listens to our concerns. I left the Diocesan Office a little sad; it was my last meeting on St. Thomas.

VEEP screws up air space
On Sunday, June 13th @ All Saint’s Cathedral, St. Thomas, a special Mass to honor the 39th anniversary of the Ordination as Priest, Canon Lionel Rymer; I was invited to participate; accordingly I did a “turbo Mass” in exactly One Hour;
Departing St. Pete’s @ 0930 and planned to fly over to STT via Seaborne Airlines, seaplane @ 10:20, allowing enough time to catch a taxi and make the 11:00 service at the Cathedral. The plane did not take off until 11:10am; held up by “the Presidential Aircraft” in the St. Thomas airspace! Vice President Joe Biden
Was flying in for a few days, spending fun and sun at a friend’s home! I arrived in time for the sermon, near 11:45. In a small space as the Virgin Islands, any different pattern always messes up other systems!

Last Trip to St. Thomas
On Sunday, I was invited to share in the celebration and Eucharistic service for the 39th Anniversary of Ordination; upon returning to STX from SST I realized this was my last flight over and back; all good things come to an end!

Clear horizon and Island View
The last few days have been exceptionally clear and stiff breezes cleared the horizon; the evenings and mornings brilliant with a Lovely Sun rise and Sun Set!

Sewing Machines set up in Parish Hall
Babs has returned to Clarkesville, but she would be right at home among the folks at St. Peter’s this week as they brought their sewing machines and set up a production of sewing chair backs and tie backs for the Patronal festival banquet; two of our men brought machines! In all seven people were sewing at the same time!

Two weeks till Georgia!
Today in two weeks I will be back home! I depart on July 1st; We’re on a down hill slide; I am mailing and giving stuff away; ship home via USPS in flat rate boxes.

Taking Holy Communion to shut-ins
On Monday and Wednesday (6/14 & 15) I delivered the Holy sacrament of Eucharist to eight shut-ins of the parish; this was my final visit with these faithful folks; many listen to the Sunday service over the radio broadcast. Pastoral care has been a top priority for me in this Interim Ministry task at St. Peter’s. My predecessors were unfortunately not that diligent and some even neglected the shut-ins! What a joy to sing and pray with our people, accompanied by two or three laity.


Come See Me Mon!
La Paz y Buen Camino!
DEO+

No comments:

Post a Comment